Sunday, December 4, 2011

Food Craft. Cupcake in a Jar.

I wanted to make something small and cute for my Church preschool committee gals so this is what I came up with - taken from this great blog!

Although I did make homemade cream cheese icing ...

...I did cheat and use store-bought red velvet cake mix.  Sorry ladies.  I tasted a cupcake though and it was really yummy.  MMMMMmmmmmmm......

I put one whole cupcake in the bottom of the 1/2 pint wide-mouth jar, then a layer of homemade cream cheese icing.  After that, another cupcake (yes, I realize this is more than one cupcake but hey - who's counting!!) then topped with a fancy swirl of icing with sprinkles.


For the lid, I punched a circle from red card-stock using my 3" circle punch.  Then used my Cricut Expression to cut the letters for the lid (1/4", Cricut Classic Font), and a few brads to jazz up the word. 

I Modge Podge'd the circle to the lid - tied on the plastic spoons with Christmas ribbon...
...and Voila!  A cute single-serve Cupcake in a Jar!  Hope they like it!!


I know I liked it!  Hee hee.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO delicious!!! Thanks so much for the recipe...I will be making these for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best ever!!! Still thinking about how delicious they WERE...thanks so much for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete