Saturday, October 22, 2011

Craft. Landscape Pumpkins.


I totally stole this idea from someone at Walmart.  A woman was talking to her friend in the Halloween isle while I just happened to be buying some goodies for the Pumpkin Carving party (which you’ll see more of in a later post).  She mentioned how she purchased several of those Halloween trick-or-treat buckets for $1 each and cut out the bottom and placed it over her landscape lights.  Brilliant!!  After throwing a few of these buckets in my basket, I promptly went home and did just that! 









You get a little peak of this in the other picture but I thought I'd give you a closer look.  This was a wedding present from my dad's wife - she made it.  It was beautifully potted with Ferns for 'hair' and had TONS of moss all over her.  This was the perfect fit for our Garden-themed wedding and I still love it 10 years later.  She now sits proudly on our front porch for all to enjoy.
Years ago, I saw this sign in a magazine and said to my husband "I can make that!" and so I did.  Plywood, pencil, paint, saw, and wire were all I needed.
I love Halloween.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment